mercredi 28 décembre 2011

End of the story

I think it is now clear that I don't have enough time to work on this project anymore.
This is sad since I just finished the invasion code :)

There so much stuff remaining to do (alone): 

- Writing a help file (Galaxypedia)
- Testing and balancing the code, QA
- Doing some creative artwork
- Developing facebook integration
- Translating to different languages

There is not a surprise that most of successful MMPOGs are developed 
by companies and not by a single person over the years.

I will release the final version of the program on sourceforge in few days
and I will close the online games actually running on my own server.

If someone want to take the pilgrim staff and create a team to finish this 
game I will be glad to join and do my part.

Anyway, I would like to thanks players who visited solarimperium.com
in the fast five years, I had to admit that the last two years were not really
interesting since I was developing a new version at very very slow pace.


Happy new year,
Yanick Bourbeau
ybourbeau at mrgtech.ca





1 commentaire:

  1. Well that is bad news for all SI fans. I hope someone will pick this project or maybe you will reconsider developing it in in future. Anyway, thank you for developing SI for so many years!

    RépondreSupprimer